EVERY THURSDAY & SATURDAY JUNE - SEPTEMBER!
Our 2022 season has ended - we will see you in June 2023!
Located at Green Scene - 617 Michigan Ave W - Walker MN
The Walker Community Farmers & Crafters Market serves as a gathering place for community members and visitors. Guests may purchase vendor-grown produce, specialty foods, baked goods, crafts, jewelry, and much more. The market promotes and supports local agriculture, education, and community interactions in a welcoming and upbeat atmosphere. Live music every week with breakfast, lunch and drink specials available in our eatery and handcrafted cocktail bar!
Each Market Features:
- Live Acoustic Entertainment
- Fired-Roasted Pizzas
- Breakfast and Lunch Specials - Coffee, Quiche, Scones, Sandwiches
- Handcrafted Cocktails including our Uffda Market Bloody & Mimosas
- A Wide Variety of Locally Grown Produce
- Hand-Crafted Baked Bread + Gluten-Free
- Fresh Hand-Crafted Fruit Pies, Granola, Cookies and Dessert Bars
- Jams, Preserves & Salsa
- Local Raw Honey & Maple Syrup
- Hand-Harvested Wild Rice
- Locally Raised Fresh Chicken, Beef, Lamb & Pork
- Garden Berries, Plants & Flowers
- Goat Soap, Natural Bath & Body Products, and Other Personal Care Products
- Essential Oils
- Hand-Crafted Jewelry & Art Works
2023 Vendor Information
2023 DATES: THURSDAYS & SATURDAYS TBD
LOCATION: Green Scene Market & Eatery, 617 Michigan Avenue W, Walker MN 56484
MAILING ADDRESS: Green Scene, PO Box 1063, Walker, MN 56484 Attn: Market Manager
CONTACT: Erin Haefele - 218-547-2880 - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Walker Community Farmers and Crafters Market adheres to the following guidelines for the vendor selection process:
- The market carefully considers a variety of products to ensure that all vendors can be successful. This mix of vendors allows shoppers the ability to fill their market baskets with everything from farm-fresh seasonal produce, baked goods, pottery, meats, flowers, jewelry, canned goods, local art, and handcrafted products.
- Preference for returning vendors.
- Preference to produce farmers.
- Leave space for new farmers to participate.
- Provide opportunities for new value-added entrepreneurs to enter into the markets.
- Limit the number of commercial vendors.
- Handmade with traditional methods in mind.
- Unique and of the highest quality.
- Proper labeling and packaging.
- Courteous and knowledgeable vendors with strong customer service skills and a history of positive interactions with market staff, customers, fellow vendors, and volunteers.
- Consistently high product quality.
- Clean and attractive displays
- Booths have the proper signage, clean tidy.
- Adhering to the highest standards in safe food production and handling. This includes all county, state, and federal regulations.
- Selected vendors will be notified by March 1, 2022.
Vendor Etiquette & Attendance
- Our market begins at 9:00am and ends at 2:00pm. Please arrive in enough time to be ready to open by 9:00am. We ask that you do not disturb customer traffic or other vendors at any time during your breakdown.
- Each vendor is provided enough space to have a 10x10 tent.
- Having a booth space in one season is no guarantee that a vendor will have the same spot in any subsequent season. Booth space is assigned by market staff to allow for the best product mix and traffic flow. Every effort is made to keep vendors in the same location throughout the market season. However, vendors may be temporarily or permanently reassigned at the sole discretion of market management.
- Tents must be secured to the ground with weights or in-ground clips.
- A vendor map will be released 2 weeks prior to the first market.
- Please notify the market manager or call Green Scene 24 hours prior to the market day if you are unable to attend.
- The market manager reserves the right to fill your space if not occupied or notified by 8:00 am.
- Detailed vendor map available at the bottom of this page.
Please park on the adjacent streets or behind the brown building located at the end of the market space. Do not block access to the brown building.
- Do not park in the lots for Green Scene, Sanford Clinic, Super One, or Front Porch Quilts.
Charlie & Debbie Thompson have generously donated their property for part of our vendor parking behind the brown building. You can “thank” Charlie & Deb at their restaurant, “Charlie’s Up North”.
While the market is rain or shine, instances of severe weather can affect market operations. The market manager will decide whether to hold the market or delay the opening. This determination will not be made until set-up time, 8:30 am, on market day. Every effort will be made to provide ample time for vendors and customers to safely respond to hazardous weather conditions. Occasionally the market can be windy. Tents must be weighted down.
Live Music /Story Time
Live music is provided each week from 9:30-1:30. Storytime with the librarian will take place at 11 am. Please let us know of any issues due to volume.
Food & Drink
Breakfast, Coffee, Lunch, Fire-Roasted Pizzas, Sandwiches, Cocktails, Craft Beer and more are available inside Green Scene Market & Eatery.
Registration & Requirements
- Returning Seasonal Vendor Registration
- Click the link above to fill out online, then mail your check. (Printable version available upon request.)
- *NEW* Seasonal Vendor Registration
- Click link above to fill out online. You will be notified of your acceptance as soon as possible but no later than March 1st, 2022. Do not send payment until you are accepted.
- Cottage Food Law
- The Cottage Food Law allows for individuals to make and sell certain non-potentially hazardous food and canned goods in Minnesota without a license. Click the link to register for the Cottage Food Law, if applicable, before you sell your product.
- Saturday Markets - TBD
- Hemp Fest Market - TDB
- Vendors assume full responsibility for any injury, loss or damage of any kind that may result from improperly or inefficiently securing tents, awnings, display equipment, products, or other items.